Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm new at this...

After spending the last 13 years doing design and illustration for others (corporations, companies large and small, and individuals), I've decided to venture into the world of digital scrapbooking. It sounded like so much fun -- creating things I would like to create, with no one to answer to!

I started scrapbooking the old fashioned way before it ever became popular, in 2000, after a trip to Key West with my boyfriend (he's now my husband). After our trip, I put together a scrapbook with photos, ephemera from the island, and embellishments I'd made myself: cutouts, little drawings and paintings, pieces of ribbon, etc. Lots of work, and very messy!

Years later it occurred to me, why can't I use the programs I use every day in my graphic design work to put together scrapbooking layouts?

I even had one of my layouts accepted for publication in a Somerset Studio digital scrapbooking magazine... so I must be doing something right!

After having a hard time finding really good papers and embellishments, I decided to start making my own... and discovered Photoshop actions, styles and filters to help me with my work. Then I researched possibly selling my kits. And here I am!

I'm currently selling at www.scraphead.com -- just started this summer, so look for new stuff, coming soon -- three new kits every month!

No comments: