Thursday, September 16, 2010

Selling crafty stuff online

So ArtFire just announced that they're offering Pro accounts at $5.95/month for up to 20,000 people who want them. They're now officially out of beta; actually I didn't even realize they were in beta!

I've never had much luck selling stuff online. It's partially me trying to do too much -- jewelry, scrapbooking, fine art, collage, sewing weird little creatures -- to ever have the time to focus on one product. To have a successful store, one needs a good product; a niche, almost; and a lot of it.

But based on the cost of some of the other craft sites, ArtFire's is a good deal. If you've got the goods.

As for me, I just need to clone myself or hire an intern. Maybe when my children are older I can conscript them... ha!

No comments: